Simplicity: it's the secret to success in so many fields. Like wine-making, starting with the best ingredients is essential. I chose an oven roasted brussels sprouts recipe because it's simply delicious. Find fresh, local brussels sprouts, flaky sea-salt, freshly ground pepper and some oil (we use avocado oil), 30 minutes in the oven and you have an awesome and healthy side dish. This recipe is so good and simple that it even works for the brussels sprouts non-believers. Go ahead and try it!
- Preheat oven to about 400°F.
- Chop off the brussels sprouts ends and cut in half.
- Toss brussels sprouts with oil, salt and pepper on a baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until deep golden brown, crisp outside and tender inside.
- ETA: 30 to 35 minutes.
- The leaves that are loose will be especially brown and crispy. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Recommend Pairing: 2012 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir